Senior Retail Operations Manager
KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
At Karl Lagerfeld, we are driven by Karl’s mantra: “Embrace the present and invent the future”
The House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the creative vision and design aesthetic of its iconic founder, Karl Lagerfeld. Always contemporary and forward-looking.
We are the only fashion house that carries Karl’s name at its doorbell and we’re thriving to live up to this responsibility in everything we do, every day with lots of joy and passion.
Our headquarters in Paris and in Amsterdam are home to a very diverse and driven Karl family from more than 25 countries creating meaningful stories and product concepts that connect to Karl’s world and iconic attributes.
Women’s ready to wear, bags, small leather goods and underwear are managed directly from our Amsterdam HQ other categories including men’s wear, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more are developed together with best in class license partners.
We connect with our consumers at multiple levels – online and offline hand in hand. We thrive to maximize consumer engagement via more than 200 KL stores worldwide, our premium wholesale partners and our strong digital footprint, spearheaded by our KARL.COM flagship store which reaches 96 countries. With digital channels representing already more than 30% of our overall full price business.
We are a dynamic, fast growing and inclusive company built on professionalism and strong values. Across all areas of our business, at KARL LAGERFELD we commit working toward highest standards of sustainability and integrity. In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined as a founding member the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection.
The Senior Manager of Retail Operations manages a team responsible for the strategic element of the retail model. You will have accountability for the progress of strategic projects and the continued improvement of retail operational performance across EMEA. Function as a key business partner to the Retail Director and other Department Heads to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the Regional Teams.
- Set objectives for the Retail Operations team to ensure a high standard of service is provided to the Retail field team, store teams and customers. This includes clear and prompt responses to enquiries and requests, taking into account the customers view to offer appropriate solutions and monitoring the volume of requests by topic to identify areas for future solutions
- Ensure structure is provided for the retail field team and stores in KPI’s, Policies and Procedures, trading feedback process, trading calendar, training programs, controllable retail costs and all communication channels. This includes key meetings like weekly trading meeting, quarterly reviews, seasonal market visits and bi-annual Store Manager Retail Conference
- Structure development projects for retail systems and structures including those projects defined by, or requiring support, from HQ
- Ensure the ongoing development of the CRM program and the use of reporting and analysis on CRM and Mystery Shop continue to strengthen our understanding of our customer profile and service by market. Liaise with the Marketing team to strengthen strategic targeting by customer profile to drive new footfall
- Ensure that new store openings and renovations are coordinated effectively to maximize sales and profitability with minimum disruption to all departments involved in supporting
- Ensure that the Owned & Operated Full Price and Outlet Stores are served appropriately for their different needs and continue to co-ordinate with internal departments to assess and meet their different needs as these channels grow.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Retail to improve induction, enhance the development path and roll out skills and knowledge training to all levels of retail teams
- Manage and deliver on KPI’s: Data capture/UPT/Conversion/ATV in line with business goals
- Be the key contact between Retail and external business partners such as department stores
- Stake holder in the strategic direction and development of new initiatives, projects and procedures (i.e. scheduling tools, POS, Omni-channel, etc.)
- Create Business strategies and presentations for SVP of Retail
- Plan and Execute Quarterly Retail Meetings (RAM) and bi-annual Store Manager Retail Conference
- Identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance retail performance to deliver sales and service goals
- Work strategically as a liaison with IT to deliver innovative tools that enhance the stores operational capabilities
- Negotiate and manage external vendor relationships
- Conducts operational store visits to ensure compliance of Retail Operations standards
- Monitor P & L to ensure financial responsibility of retail stores EBIDTA and contribution targets
- Ensures that the Retail Operation team complies to all policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet State requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- This role will be responsible for the commercial aspects of the Omnichannel plan
- A minimum of 5 years of Retail / Retail Operations experience
- Premium Retail experience with strong focus in Retail Operations and Sales preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong relationship-building and customer service skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, pays close attention to detail, accuracy and is very analytical
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Proficient level user with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Frequent Travel Required
Please note that if your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.