Print/ Textile Graphic Designer
In this role you will be responsible for the print and graphics of all Accessories and Soft Accessories as well as special projects and some RTW. You will work closely with the respective design, product development and production teams and you will report into the Head of Accessories Design. This position is based at the KARL LAGEFELD HQ in Amsterdam.
- Ownership of print and graphic work related to Accessories & Soft Accessories, special projects and Womenswear/Menswear;
- Work in close relationship with the head of design, the design team members, product development and production teams in a collaborative environment;
- Research to build concepts and stories;
- Execute original creative ideas and content from initial concept to final production;
- Design and develop artworks and layouts across categories with the KARL LAGERFELD aesthetic;
- Experiment and find innovating techniques to develop artworks in all methods of drawing, painting and computer skills;
- Elevate the aesthetic of the KARL LAGERFELD brand through a multitude of channels;
- Preparing technical launch sheets for the mills and suppliers;
- Management of the print and scarf overviews.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Good understanding of the luxury market and culture;
- Knowledge of contemporary markets and competitive brand awareness;
- Passionate about print and design;
- Good hand and aesthetic, strong taste in color;
- Excellent skills in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign);
- Both a comfortable in a team and in individual projects;
- Print placements – be able to work with patterns and consider the need for future production;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and demonstrate flexibility when handling multiple projects;
- Full comprehension of the English language.Please note that if your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.