Head of Ecommerce (Maternity Cover)
KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
At Karl Lagerfeld, we are driven by Karl’s mantra: “Embrace the present and invent the future”
The House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the creative vision and design aesthetic of its iconic founder, Karl Lagerfeld. Always contemporary and forward-looking. We are the only fashion house that carries Karl’s name at its doorbell and we’re thriving to live up to this responsibility in everything we do, every day with lots of joy and passion.
Our headquarters in Paris and in Amsterdam are home to a very diverse and driven Karl family from more than 25 countries creating meaningful stories and product concepts that connect to Karl’s world and iconic attributes.
Women’s ready to wear, bags, small leather goods and underwear are managed directly from our Amsterdam HQ other categories including men’s wear, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more are developed together with best in class license partners.
We connect with our consumers at multiple levels – online and offline hand in hand. We thrive to maximize consumer engagement via more than 200 KL stores worldwide, our premium wholesale partners and our strong digital footprint, spearheaded by our KARL.COM flagship store which reaches 96 countries. With digital channels representing already more than 30% of our overall full price business.
We are a dynamic, fast growing and inclusive company built on professionalism and strong values. Across all areas of our business, at KARL LAGERFELD we commit working toward highest standards of sustainability and integrity. In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined as a founding member the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection.
As Head of Ecommerce you will be responsible for the flagship store of KARL LAGERFED, KARL.COM for a minimum of seven months (June 2021 – January 2022). You will report directly to the Head of Digital Commerce and manage a team of 12.
- Delivery of Ecommerce results through the Fall/Winter ’21 Season and Holiday period
- Own and manage the P & L, while conducting analyses of sales and delivering ongoing forecasts and reports to senior management
- Responsible for Ecommerce trading calendar
- Fully integrate and align Ecommerce and brand content
- Analyze key metrics to evaluate new opportunities and strategy
- Collaborate on and provide input into the future strategy of KARL.com
- Act as the central interface between KARL LAGERFELD and the 3rd party E-Commerce provider that looks after website hosting and development, order fulfillment, logistics and customer care
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Retail, Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and IT to optimize processes and drive sales
- Work closely with Merchandising Team overseeing the planning phase of future seasons including sales goals and product needs and align season Sale strategy & calendar
- Manage E-Commerce product photography, ensuring imagery is of the highest quality is in line with brand and site requirements
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team in delivering effective digital marketing campaigns
- Analyze customer data and develop relevant CRM initiatives in conjunction with the Marketing Team
- Lead a small, entrepreneurial team of across the following functions:
- Site Merchandising
- Digital Marketing & CRM
- Product Photography
- Several years of relevant Ecommerce leadership, with experience of managing teams and trading in a global environment within fashion
- Strong Project Management skills with a track record of delivering projects and budget on target
- Experience with new technologies and developments
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead both direct reports and cross-functional teams
- Experience in site merchandising, planning, performance marketing and analytics
- Fluent in English
- Innovative and commercially-minded with a “can-do” attitude
- High performance orientation
- Highly flexible
- High energy and hands-on attitude with a clear bias for action; solution orientation and getting things done
Please note that if your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.