The eCommerce Director (ECD) is responsible for KARL.COM globally (with the exception of the greater China region) and the digital commercial marketing activities for the brand. The ECD will provide strategic leadership and will manage the day-to-day execution hands-on across key functions including user experience, online merchandising, vendor management, digital marketing and customer service. This position is a joint venture between eCommerce and Marketing and will have a highly cross functional relation with Product and Wholesale teams.
- Responsible for the entire eCommerce experience, including product optimization, strategic roadmap prioritization, and performance metrics and reporting;
- Develop the business strategy for KARL.COM globally and fully integrate eCommerce and brand content;
- Build, in collaboration with the Marketing Director and the Digital Manager, a strategic roadmap for the brand’s online shopping experience and overall presence in web, mobile and social channels;
- Collaborate with the Merchandising and Marketing teams to effectively present seasonal collections, generate brand excitement, and build demand for KARL LAGERFELD products;
- Prepare annual budgets, provide ongoing results analysis and forecasting, and drive prioritization of investments through quantitative business justification;
- Analyze key metrics to evaluate new opportunities and strategies;
- Act as the central interface between KARL LAGERFELD and the 3rd party eCommerce provider that looks after website hosting and development, order fulfillment, logistics and customer care;
- Manage 3rd party eCommerce provider and partner with them to drive the strategy;
- Responsible for eCommerce trading calendar;
- Work cross-functionally with planning and merchandising to ensure product mix and inventory strategy supports business goals;
- Guide Buying Process in conjunction with Merchandising Team and 3rd party eCommerce provider;
- Monitor daily results and manage store activities including catalog updates, daily sales analysis, visual merchandising;
- Ensure eCommerce product photography is in line with brand and site requirements;
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team on effective online campaigns, Digital Marketing and Social Media (managed by Marketing);
- Analyze customer data and develop relevant CRM initiatives in conjunction with the Marketing Team;
- Build and lead a high-performing digital/ecommerce team that forges strong cross-functional relationships;
- Lead a team of 5+FTE and directly report into the SVP Retail, E-commerce & Operations who reports to the CEO.
- 7+ years' experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, direct marketing, and/or related disciplines;
- Strong Project Management skills with a track record of delivering projects and budget on target;
- Strong interest for new internet technologies and developments;
- Excellent understanding of IT;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead both direct reports and cross-functional teams;
- Experience in site merchandising, planning, Performance Marketing and analytics;
- Excellent knowledge of English language;
- Innovative and commercially-minded with a “can-do” attitude;
- High performance orientation through self-motivation and agility;
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in shifting priorities;
- High energy and hands-on attitude with a clear bias for action; solution orientation and getting things done.
Please note that if your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.