Assistant Store Manager (Amsterdam The Style Outlets)
KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
The house of KARL LAGERFELD shares the iconic vision and design aesthetic of its founder, Karl Lagerfeld, fused with a contemporary, forward-looking spirit. The brand celebrates his colossal legacy and breathes his passion, intuition and inexhaustible creativity into the core of its DNA.
The signature KARL LAGERFELD aesthetic combines Parisian classics with a rock-chic attitude and tailored silhouettes. Its portfolio of accessible, aspirational collections includes ready-to-wear for women, men and kids, plus bags and small leather goods. Additional collections include watches, eyewear, footwear, perfumes, candles and fashion jewelry.
Driven by consumer engagement, KARL LAGERFELD’s immersive retail experience includes more than 200 monobrand stores worldwide, with key locations in Paris, London, Munich, Moscow, New York, Dubai and Shanghai. The brand further connects with consumers through a premium wholesale distribution network in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The global flagship store on KARL.COM reaches 96 countries.
Assisting the Store Manager in optimizing the sales and profits and ensure that customers gain a great retail experience in the KL store. Ensure that the KL rules and procedures are met with constantly looking for improvements. Manage the operations on a strategic and tactical level with a clear vision.
A commercial function focused on the organization of all activities within a KL store. Within the objectives of KL, the Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in achieving optimal selling of KL products by the effective use of his/her available resources and is responsible of all aspects of the store when the Store Manager is absent.
Sales and Customer Service
Ensure the team is delivering excellent customer service according to Welcome to Karl
- Install effective zoning to have all areas of the shop floor covered at all times
- Ensure company standards are met for shop floor, BOH and Sales Associates according to brand standards and VM directives
- Ensure customer service according to Welcome to Karl training by each team member and feedback on strengths and improvement needs to Store Manager
- Contribute to team effort by leading by example on the shop floor and drives sales by constantly monitoring and pushing individual and team KPI's in accordance to communicated targets
Make sure the guidelines of Karl Lagerfeld are met within all operational aspects
- POS transactions, stock and back of house
- Ensure a hazard free store environment according to health and safety requirements
- Monitor theft and take steps towards loss prevention
- Training and coaching of the team with regards to health and safety, theft and loss
- Ensure House of Karl procedures and guidelines are followed
- Share communication from head office departments (Merchandising, VM, Operations…) with store staff and ensure all is understood and followed
- Responsible for availability and ordering of materials and supplies needed for daily store routine (packaging materials, office supplies, maintenance)
- Ensure that all stock is well maintained and in good condition and store is fully replenished at all times
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all Merchandise Calendar direction, campaigns, and sales promotions in a timely manner as to direction of Store Manager
- Implement correct usage of interior signage, ensure all pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times
Utilize company tools to diagnose opportunities, analyze, and summarize information, prepare reports and develop action plans to improve performance
- Prepare sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions
- Forecast/reforecast business in cooperation with store manager, focusing on productivity to meet sales goals
- Assist Store Manager in partnering with merchandise dept. to increase sales, drive/promote merchandise categories and maximize business opportunities (peak phases, seasonal needs, events and marketing activities).
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise
- Control inventory stock levels and report product needs to Store Manager as necessary. Anticipate customer demand.
Assist the Store Manager in motivating the team and recognizing potential and development opportunities. Together with the Store Manager, drive accumulation of knowledge of the team by using the House of Karl Manual and other sources.
- Together with the Store Manager, recruit, retain and develop excellent staff
- Development and coaching of employees by performance management (PDP)
- Provide structure and daily priorities for the team to follow on the shop floor
- Control absenteeism
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and service minded
- Flexible attitude and a hands-on approach
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time and workload
- Achievement driven
- Time management and prioritizing
- People management
- Analytic ability
- Team player
- Lead by example
Please note that if your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.